[OpenLayers-Users] Bing v 7 support

Frederic Junod frederic.junod at camptocamp.com
Mon Oct 10 10:57:25 EDT 2011

Hello,

The recommended way to use the Bing tiles is to use a
OpenLayers.Layer.Bing layer:
Bing layer using direct tile access as provided by Bing Maps REST Services.
See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff701713.aspx for more information.

According to [1], the REST Services is part of the version 7.

Regards,

fredj

[1] http://www.bing.com/community/site_blogs/b/maps/archive/2010/11/18/introducing-the-ajax-v7-control.aspx

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Takako Tucker <Takako.Tucker at bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi, Just wondering if someone has used Bing v7 with OpenLayers v 2.11 ? I'm
> trying to find some information about it at the moment. Is it supported? Any
> advise would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>

> http://www.bbc.co.uk
> Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance
> on it and notify the sender immediately.

Frédéric Junod
Camptocamp SA