[OpenLayers-Users] Panning 2.10 vs 2.11

Ricardo Bayley ricardo.bayley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 11:01:42 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

I noticed some visual differences when panning in version 2.10 & 2.11

2.10 seems to be more smooth. When panning, tiles from the edges are
always shown, they don't seem to be "unloaded" from the canvas.
On the other hand, on the new release 2.11, when panning, first, you
don't see any tile, and then tiles are reloaded to canvas.

I noticed this behaviour with my geowebcache/geoserver WMS server, and
not with Google Maps.

Do I make any sense ? Am I explaining it clearly ?
Does anybody know why this is happening ?

BTW, I am not using the new SVG2 renderer.

regards,

Ricardo