[OpenLayers-Users] Panning 2.10 vs 2.11

Roald de Wit list at rdewit.net
Wed Oct 12 22:19:14 EDT 2011

Hi,

Isn't this just because OL 2.11 has changed the default buffer from 2 to 0?

Try adding 'buffer: 2' (or 1 for example) to your layer options to get
the old behaviour back. The reason that the buffer was set to 0 was to
reduce the amount of unnecessary tile requests (IIRC).

Looking at the 2.11 release notes, there was no mention of this change,
so I added it at the end:
http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/wiki/Release/2.11/Notes

Regards, Roald