[OpenLayers-Users] querying on click with multiple layers on map

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 10:46:48 EDT 2011

This is more of a best-practice question -- I have several layers visible on the map, and want to let the user be able to click on the map and get back query result for that click... except, the click should be for a specific layer. Since the layer switcher doesn't have controls for selecting a specific layer for querying, what is the best way to implement this without requiring the user to turn off the non-query layers.

Another use-case would be to allow querying multiple layers, in which case I would assemble the results from multiple queries into a single window.

Suggestions on how to accomplish both would be very welcome.

--
Puneet Kishor