[OpenLayers-Users] display results of WMSgetfeatureinfo

lissabon at online.de lissabon at online.de
Fri Oct 28 08:44:55 EDT 2011

Hi Dan,

if you try to query data cross-domain you could use a proxy to achieve what you like (or have your service running on the same machine as your geoserver).

look here:
http://docs.openlayers.org/library/request.html

http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#ProxyHost

Hope this helps.
João

Hi,

I have code to generate a WMSGetFeatureInfo request which works fine:

getInfo = new OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo({
                url: 'http://MY_URL/geoserver/dassh/wms',
                title: 'identify features on click',
                layers: [dasshData],
                queryVisible: true
            });
getInfo.infoFormat = 'text/html';
getInfo.events.register("getfeatureinfo", this, getResults);
map.addControl(getInfo);
getInfo.activate();

function getResults(e) {

     document.getElementById('resultTxt').innerHTML = e.text;

}

and I have a div tag "resultTxt" that I want the returned information displayed
in, but it is blank (as is e.text)

I can't capture the response and get it in the div, and looking at Firebug I
can open the getfeatureinfo in a new tab and display the table but the firebug
link is red, even though it reports a 200 OK status.

Any help?

Thanks
Dan