[OpenLayers-Users] Transform/projection Function Error

Arnie Shore ashore3 at verizon.net
Sat Oct 29 11:08:52 EDT 2011

Noob stuff, again:  My application will use a single projection
throughout, with a lot of LonLats involved.  I thought I'd write a
single transform/projection function but the mechanics of doing so is
throwing me.

I suspect the basic concept may well be wrong, but here's the function,
which I hope will return an object.

	function mylonlatproj (_lon_in, _lat_in) {
		return new OpenLayers.LonLat((_lon_in ,_lat_in).transform( new
OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326"), map.getProjectionObject()));
		}

To be called as, say,
	map.setCenter(mylonlatproj(_lon,_lat), map.getProjectionObject(),
_zoom);

But this raising the following error in IE:
	 Object doesn't support property or method 'transform'

How do I fix that?  Thanks for any assist, all.  AS