[OpenLayers-Users] pointTrack and re-draw a line

Shadin w_ward_W at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 30 04:32:12 EDT 2011

hi list,

I'm working on Openlayers/Geoserver

I have a layer contains cars id's and serial signals of each car "stored in
database as date".
when i click on one car, popup displayed with car's info from infolayer.
i want to add an option in the popup to track the selected car depends on
its signals coloum
can any one help me with that ? I've no idea how to retrieve the specific
car id and re-draw a line dependeing on it's segnals.

do i have to use vestor layer & pointtrack ?
how i can write that ?

parts of my code:

  // create WMS  layer
  var infolayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
           "info",
           "http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms",
           {'layers': 'TEST:info', 'format':'image/png',
'transparent':'true'},
           {'opacity': 1.0, 'isBaseLayer': false, 'visibility': true}
      );

 map.addLayers([googlemap, infolayer]);

   info = new OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo({
            url: 'http://demo.opengeo.org/geoserver/wms',
            title: 'Identify features by clicking',
            queryVisible: true,
            eventListeners: {
                getfeatureinfo: function(event) {
                    map.addPopup(new OpenLayers.Popup.FramedCloud(
                        "chicken",
                        map.getLonLatFromPixel(event.xy),
                        null,
                        event.text,