[OpenLayers-Users] Firefox 6 gives more errors than other browsers

Mark K. Zanfardino mzanfardino at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 17:56:13 EDT 2011

I have run into a similar problem. Since I upgraded FF to 6.0.2 I am
finding that I can not load the OpenLayers API uncompressed.  When I
make a reference to OpenLayers/lib/OpenLayers.js I find that my page
fails to load and all references to OL returns an Undefined error in
firebug console.  However, I can load the exact same page in IE or
Chrome and everything works just fine.

If I switch to using the compressed OpenLayers.js file everything works
just fine as well. I'm stepping through the OpenLayers.js file to see if
I can find anything specific to FF, but not knowing what I'm looking for
is making this extremely time consuming.  If anyone else has run into
this issue, please post your comments here.

NOTE: I've tried this with OL 2.10 and 2.11 on IE8, IE9, Chrome, FF 3.6
and FF 6.0.2. My map pages loads in all browsers listed except FF 6.0.2

Cheers!
Mark