[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers.Event.observe();

Ralph Dell RDell at CatawbaCountyNC.gov
Thu Dec 13 05:17:17 PST 2012

I am not familiar with event.observe but I do tie other events to the click of a query button.

 $( "#identify" ).button({
	text: true,	label: "Identify"
	})
	.click(function() {
	ctrl_disable();
	ctrl_identify.activate();
})

where ctrl_disable() looks like this and disables all my controls

function ctrl_disable() {
ctrl_pan.deactivate();
ctrl_identify.deactivate();
return;
}

and ctrl_identify is

ctrl_identify = new OpenLayers.Control.GetFeature({ whatever you need to put here )};

Ralph Dell