[OpenLayers-Users] KML Centroid

Bill Schoolfield bill at billmax.com
Wed Dec 19 11:38:14 PST 2012

Hello,

I have a database application with lat/long and associated attributes in
MySQL. MySQL extensions, are far as I know can't be used to compute a
centroid.

Is there a way in OpenLayers to compute the centroid for a given vector
layer that's obtained via a KML file? I see that there is a function
that acts on geometry collections. Can that be used? If so I assume I
have to iterate over the data obtained via the KML file to create this
collection...

The whole purpose is to set the map's center and initial bounds.

Bill