[OpenLayers-Users] Re: SelectFeature when using IE<9 or IE9 Compatibility View

digitalfox andreas at digitalfox.se
Thu Feb 9 08:42:07 EST 2012

*Solution found!*

After basically two days of constant debugging by removing and adding
functionality piece by piece, I've figured out what caused the problem.

As I've stated earlier, we create a StypeMap based on the default styles of
the Vector-layer and extended with our custom values. While debugging, I
noticed that if the StyleMap used only the default styles of the
Vector-layer, the SelectFeature-control would function in all versions of
Internet Explorer. But if we added our custom styles, the
SelectFeature-control would fail. So why was this?

The style-property that was causing the problem was the *rotation*-property.
We added this to the styles with a value of '0', i.e. no rotation as the
default value for the property. However, this caused our features to not be
selectable when using Internenet Explorer versions older than 9 (verified
using IE9 CV, IE8, IE7). Everything works great in FireFox and Chrome
though!

Simply removing the property from the styles solved the problem!