[OpenLayers-Users] Re: How to apply a Search Function

Diego M. oo_O2_oo at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 9 14:11:37 EST 2012

*I really appreciate your helping Mr.Phil*

Phil Scadden wrote

> To do a WFS search, then you need a wfs_protocol object for the layer
> you are going to search.

*Ok ..
these are my protocol + my vector layer:*

var wfsprotocol = new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
                   url: "http://IP/geoserver/wfs",
                   featureType: "myLayer",
		   featureNS: "http://mapmap.org",
		   srsName: "EPSG:3857",
                   version: "1.1.0",
                   extractAttributes: true,
                   isBaseLayer: false,
                   visibility: true
               });

	var VECTOR = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("vector", {
				maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(-180, -90,
180,90)transform(geographic,mercator),
				sphericalMercator: true,
                                strategies: [strategy],		//BBOX strategy
                                protocol: wfsprotocol
			   });

Phil Scadden wrote

> You might want a layer to display the selected features. eg.
>      selectedLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Selected Layer", {

*So here do I have to create another layer in Geoserver ?
or it should be my main layer (VECTOR) ?*