[OpenLayers-Users] Hassles trying to run with closure compiler.

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Thu Feb 9 18:24:40 EST 2012

>I was having same problem so I did:

>   build.py -c none myconfig.cfg uncompressed.js
>    java compiler.jar --js uncompressed.js --OpenLayers-closure.js
>    copy /b license.txt+OpenLayers-closure.js ..\OpenLayers.js
>  Hopefully someone will provide a better answer but maybe that will
tide you over until then.

Nice and simple!

looking in build.py, I see comments which refer to a jscompiler.py which
presumably gets renamed to
closure_library_jscompiler. I downloaded that.
Now get.

C:\Program Files\openlayers\build>build.py -c closure full
OpenLayers-closure.js

Merging libraries.
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Program Files\openlayers\build\build.py", line 117, in <module>
     build(args[0], args[1], options=options)
   File "C:\Program Files\openlayers\build\build.py", line 55, in build
     sourceFiles = mergejs.getNames(sourceDirectory, configFilename)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'getNames'

Summit broken here...