[OpenLayers-Users] Re: Disable Vector Layer Mouseover--Spinning CPU

calvados michael.brehm at kvhessen.de
Mon Feb 13 03:08:47 EST 2012

OpenLayers 2.11 now. Still the same problem. On clientside i  create a
polygon of about 260 points. Its all ok on low and medium zoomlevels. When i
go to high or highest zoomlevels, CPU load rises to 100% and IE freezes,
exactly when mouse moves above the polygon.
It must be something with the mouse event handling. I can navigate the map
with the navigation button with a good performance. Or move the mouse above
the zoom control. But when mouse leaves Control onto the polygon, map
freezes.
Same behaviour with a linestring basing on the same 260 points. These 260
points are the boundary of an german administrative district. I'd need to
show about 25 such polygons which are strongly simplified. And i need the
high zoomlevels.

Does anybody know a solution for that behaviour ? Or will it be solved in
one of the next releases ?

(edit: seems to be a generic problem of polygons. Not depending on a hight
number of points. Mouse over a  high zoomed polygon with less points causes
high cpu load too.)