[OpenLayers-Users] singleTile mode for Grid layers and map viewport resize

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Mon Feb 13 15:36:32 EST 2012

Hello

I have a question regarding the singleTile mode for Grid type layers:

I have set the "map" <div> to 100% for width/height. When the parent div
is resized due to browser window resize (with the mouse), the "map" div
is automatically resized as well. This however causes lots of new images
requested from the server during this resize. This I would like to avoid
since it causes huge loads on the server (a quick and small browser
window resize easily triggers 20 new image requests). And in browsers
like Chrome it takes a quite long time until the new map image is again
displayed.

I would prefer that the request for a new map image is just fired when
the window resize is finished, but not already permanently during
resize. Also I'd prefer that during the resize the existing map image
for the singleTile layer remains visible.

Are there any ways to achieve this? Either with configuration settings
or code modifications?

I tried the setting 'tileLoadingDelay' but it had no effect on this issue.

Thanks in advance for any hints

Armin