[OpenLayers-Users] Ipad Google + Transition Efect

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Wed Feb 15 08:05:04 EST 2012

Hi,

the GMaps API doesn't give us enough control to do a transition with a
Google base map, so this is expected behavior and you cannot do
anything about it, except star
http://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=1396.

An alternative approach would be to use the GMaps Static API, by doing
something like http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/google-static.html.
But be aware of the limitations.

Andreas.

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 1:00 AM, Ricardo Bayley
<ricardo.bayley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> When I "finger" zoom the map with the IPAD I cant see any transition effect
> when having google maps as base layer, but when using my own wms base layer,
> transition effect works great.
>

> gmap : new OpenLayers.Layer.Google(
>        "Google Streets", // the default
>        {
>         type: G_NORMAL_MAP , // v2
> //     type: google.maps.MapTypeId.ROADMAP, //v3
>         sphericalMercator: true, minZoomLevel: 4, maxZoomLevel: 16
>        },{ transitionEffect:'resize'    }
> )
>
> How should I configure it for gmap as well ?
>
> Best regards,
>

> Ricardo

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/