[OpenLayers-Users] Re: need a little help with this ( user input & wfsprotocol.read )

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Sun Feb 19 15:44:37 EST 2012

On 19/02/2012 2:33 a.m., Diego M. wrote:
> (1)
> doSearch() wich contains filter + wfsProtocol.read has to be outside the
> init() . right ?
Absolutely - they are in response to the user input.

> (2)
> myfilter :
> property: "$name" *<<  column in db  I compare with*
> value: document.getElementById('searchText').value
Yes, but be careful with the syntax here.

> (3)
> the main layer display my features from the same wfsProtocol.
Well I dont - I always use WMS for display, never WFS.  WFS gets slow
very quickly when the no. of features exceeds 500.
> (4)
> since the user input any text value ( assumed abcd which matches value in db
> )
> how it would be sent to the processSpatialQuery ? as a feature ?
Its passed in the filter . processSpatialQuery is what is called in
response the the POST that "read" generates.