[OpenLayers-Users] Initializing hidden map

digitalfox andreas at digitalfox.se
Thu Feb 23 05:15:22 EST 2012

Hi guys, hope you can help!

*Problem*

We use tabs in our application (you might be familiar with RadTabStrip and
RadMultiPage). Ideally, the map is placed on the first tab which is also
visible on page load --> map initialization works like a charm. However if
the map is placed on a different tab that is /not /visible on page load -->
map initialization fails. From firebug I get the following error: /size is
null. this.size=size.clone();/. Seems like it's thrown by the class
OpenLayers.Renderer from /setMap /when adding a new layer to the map.

I guess this has to do with the fact that the map/renderer can't determine a
size when placed inside a non-visible tab. Any ideas on how to get the map
to load properly even when hidden? The solution of course needs to be
xbrowser.

/Andreas