[OpenLayers-Users] Re: need a little help with this ( user input & wfsprotocol.read )

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Thu Feb 23 17:13:55 EST 2012

> Here it is
> http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4499046/myCode.txt myCode.txt
Diego - the wfs address of
http:/./192.168.50.195

is a private network address! (192.168.*.*  is private). No use to
someone on the outside.

However, the issue are you really fighting is the html style. I have
never written in the old form submit method so didnt spot the
implication earlier. By have a form submit to activate the combo box
the whole page is refreshed and the filter response simply lost. The wfs
protocol you saw in the firebug was simply the vector layer read which
of course is the whole thing.
Instead of form and submit logic, attach onclick handler to the button (eg
http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.11/examples/filter-strategy.html
)
to run dosearch. That should get you on your way. I strongly recommend
you spend more time with the OL examples and make sure you understand
both the html and js.