[OpenLayers-Users] OSM base layer + WMS overlay

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Sun Feb 26 12:29:53 EST 2012

This is not a regression caused by
https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/pull/219. I don't even think
it is a regression at all - at least I do not remember that this ever
worked, because a layer's maxExtent was never set to the base layer's
maxExtent. @Eric, this is the issue that you and I discussed in
https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/pull/177.

Andreas.

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Eric Lemoine
<eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, February 23, 2012, François Van Der Biest wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> This very simple code used to work :
>>
>> map = new OpenLayers.Map({
>>    layers: [new OpenLayers.Layer.OSM()]
>> });
>> map.addLayers([
>>    new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("test", "/geoserver/wms", {
>>        layers: "dept"
>>    }, {
>>        isBaseLayer: false
>>    })
>> ]);
>>
>> It does not anymore : the result is a WMS layer whose div is empty.
>>
>> To fix it, I've had to set the map maxExtent to new OpenLayers.Bounds(
>>    -128 * 156543.03390625,
>>    -128 * 156543.03390625,
>>    128 * 156543.03390625,
>>    128 * 156543.03390625
>> )
>>
>> I find it redundant, since this maxExtent is already defined in
>> OpenLayers.Layer.XYZ (which is extended by OpenLayers.Layer.OSM).
>> Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug ?
>

> This sounds like a serious regression, probably caused by
> <https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/pull/219>. Do you use a built
> version of OL or do you observe the problem also when using OL's autoloader?
>

> --
> Eric Lemoine
>
> Camptocamp France SAS
> Savoie Technolac, BP 352