[OpenLayers-Users] Re: ArcGISCache example's URL

myOpenLayersUName joanne.mcgraw at SYMPATICO.CA
Wed Feb 29 14:36:29 EST 2012

Tobias,

Thank you for your response. Seeing that it was "relatively easy" for you to
do this, I'm convinced there is something in my setup that is obstructing me
from doing the same.

It is the "URL THAT ENDS JUST BEFORE THE \L01 folder" that is causing me
problems. Are you able to use that path and append (for example)
".../L00/R0000000e/C0000000c.png" in a web browser's address bar and
actually see an image returned? I can't. I get a Soap fault that says the
"Catalog request is empty". But perhaps I am just misunderstanding what is
supposed to be going on here... Am I even supposed to be able to do that?
View the image in a browser like that, I mean?

I am working with ArcGIS Server 10.0 and have generated an "exploded" cache.
Further, my AGS is in Linux where, by default, the L* directories and
sub-directories/files are generated with no permissions for Group and World.
I have tried changing those permissions to make them readable and executable
by everyone but it has had no effect. I can't even, in Linux, cd into an R*
sub-directory to see it's contents. I found out what was under them by
recursively FTPing the cache directory to my desktop.

When I do an "ls -al" under /L00, I am shown the sub-directories and they
are identified as directories:

# ls -al
total 20
drwxr-xr-x 5 ags ags 4096 Feb 29 14:14 .
drwxr-xr-x 5 ags ags 4096 Feb 29 14:15 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 ags ags 4096 Feb 29 14:14 R0000000e
drwxr-xr-x 2 ags ags 4096 Feb 29 14:14 R0000000f
drwxr-xr-x 2 ags ags 4096 Feb 29 14:14 R00000010

But if I try to cd into one of them, I receive the following message:

# cd R000000e
-bash: cd: R000000e: No such file or directory

Does anyone have any info about all this that might explain the trouble I'm
having seeing the images directly?

Cheers
jtm