[OpenLayers-Users] markers in vector layer not displaying

crb chris at windsorsolutions.com
Tue Jan 10 19:44:05 EST 2012

I'm having a problem displaying markers in a vector layer.  If I change my
styleMap to be default OL graphics (and not markers) then it works fine.
When my styleMap is the marker styleMap, if I view the properties for my
map.layers.layer.styleMap.styles.default.rules.0.symbolizer, the value of
'externalGraphic' is correct.  And in fact, as a troubleshooting option I
used the fully-qualified URL to the graphic file and that same URL displays
fine in a browser.  The features in my layer are all using a renderIntent of
'default'.   I've also set the graphicZIndex on my styleMap to 100, but
still no markers (in IE, FF and Chrome).

Here is the code in the order executed: