[OpenLayers-Users] Cartographic coordinates with Google Maps

Luís de Sousa luis.a.de.sousa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 10:46:35 EST 2012

Dear all,

Bellow is the code of a simple map using a Google layer with the
MousePosition control. Even though I'm passing the 900913 projection for the
map projection and the map displayProjection properties the coordinates
shown in the MousePosition are Geodetical (lat,lon in degrees) instead of
Cartographic (x,y in meters). What am I missing?

Thank you,

Luís

function initMap(){

    map = new OpenLayers.Map("myMap",{
		projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:900913"),
		displayProjection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:900913"),
		units: "m"
	});

	map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.MousePosition());
	map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.LayerSwitcher());

	var gphy = new OpenLayers.Layer.Google(
        "Google Physical",
        {type: G_PHYSICAL_MAP}
    );