[OpenLayers-Users] OpenStreetMap: wrong tile http address

rscxdev rscxdev at gmx.de
Wed Jan 18 16:15:42 EST 2012

Hello

I've got an annoying problem:
I use OL to display OSM "Mapnik" and when zooming to level 1 and scrolling
to the edge of the map i always get in firebug

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://a.tile.openstreetmap.org/1/1/2.png"
or
"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://a.tile.openstreetmap.org/1/0/2.png"

which blocks the traffic because the browser wants to get the png and get
the png and doesnt get it....
Obviously the http address is wrong; in OSM docs i read that the address
template is

	http://[abc].tile.openstreetmap.org/zoom/x/y.png

I think the address is evaluated wrong in the XYZ class and XYZ wants to get
a map which doesnt exist.
Can somebody give me a hint how to prevent the error?
By the way when looking at the OL examples there are similar errors.
Look at http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/osm.html, zoom to level 0 and
move the map to the upper/lower border.
And by the way now we see why the examples are initialized at level 10 and
not 0... ;-)

Thanks