[OpenLayers-Users] simple text or html control

Roy Barkas roy at rbdb.net
Sat Jan 21 16:54:42 EST 2012

I'm converting a fairly complex GoogleMaps V3 app to use OpenLayers.
So far, so good - seems to work well.

I've been looking through the documentation / examples for a way to add a
control within the map div where the control contains either simple text or
else it contains html (tables, forms, etc).  The control would be
positionally fixed on the screen, not tied to a geo position

So far I haven't found an example of a way to do this.  It's probably
staring me in the face but...

Can someone point me at the solution?

Thanks

RoyHB