[OpenLayers-Users] How to display a lot of tiles fast?

Steve Way Steve.Way at infotech-enterprises.com
Mon Jul 9 06:46:44 PDT 2012

For a start, I would not have them split into the OS grid structure by folder - I would place all geotiffs and world files in one folder(They should all have different file names and if not, run a process which changes the filename to the corresponding folder, then move them e.g. if it is 123456.TIF then rename TQ123456.TIF and TQ123456.TFW) and serve them through geoserver and one image mosaic layer.

That way, you will be able to seed geowebcache properly, and the openalyers performance will be increased- you can setup geowebache to serve either TMS or WMTS.