[OpenLayers-Users] wmsgetfeaureinfo doesn't work with a literal url

Giuseppe De Marco peppelinux at yahoo.it
Wed Jul 25 07:14:18 PDT 2012

this is a Fork of thread: Re: wmsgetfeatureinfo with url on alternative port not firing on client side

I've re-tested all from scratch,

I attach an example file with a generic test similar to OL examples.

The mean is:

If I use a ip address in url value, the wmsgetfeatureinfo works.
If I use a literal hostname in url value, the wmsgetfeatureinfo doesn't fire at all !

I used Ol 2.11, I also tryed ol 2.12. The problem remains.

Had nobody this problem, Did nobody knows something about this strange behave ?