[OpenLayers-Users] Problems with labels

Alexandre Dubé adube at mapgears.com
Fri Jul 27 05:32:43 PDT 2012

Hi Dariusz,

I had the same issue back in 2010. Here's the workaround I used to
bypass the issue :

layer.renderer.textRoot = layer.renderer.vectorRoot;

That way, both text and geometry are rendered in the same container and
avoid the overlapping labels. See my [original post] and also the small
[demo] containing the fix, in which you need to zoom out a little to see
features with their labels on top of others.

As mentionned, this is a workaround. It didn't work well in IE8 with WML
so I had to emulate IE7. If you find something better, let us know.

HTH,

Alexandre

[original post]
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/Overlapping-labels-td3924879.html