[OpenLayers-Users] Re: WMSGetFeatureInfo shows nothing

GNR Revolution dieconnex at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 9 11:10:14 EST 2012

henijes wrote

> Thanks. The problem was with setting up the proxy, and it has worked after
> I publish it on a web server. Still got a problem with the popup's
> position and it got stuck for sometime. Any idea on this?

Not sure what you mean about the popup getting stuck, but by default the
popup won't get removed when you click on another location so you have to
register an event to destroy the existing popup when you want to create a
new one, like so:

[code]
	popup.events.register("click", map, popupDestroy);

	/*
	 * Destroy popup and stop event
	 */
	function popupDestroy(e) {
	    popup.destroy();
	    popup = null;
	    OpenLayers.Util.safeStopPropagation(e);
	}

[/code]

As to the position, I believe that this depends on the type of popup you are
using, some properties of the popup can be used to set the position, both
absolute and relative.  Not sure about that one though, haven't tried it
myself.