[OpenLayers-Users] Re: WMSGetFeatureInfo - slow response in IE8 and 9

teknocreator teknocreator at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 19:28:26 EST 2012

Zac,

- No vector layers, only the raster.  I cut things down to minimum here to
test.

- Fiddler is indicating a GET for the transitional.dtd from www.w3.org and
that ends in a 404 error which is where all the time is going.  The response
from MapServer is a bit over a second and then a bit for the response in the
popup.

Here is the Request Headers from Fiddler:

GET /TR/html4/transitional.dtd HTTP/1.1

- Looks like WMS request is fired off first but is being held off by this
404 error.

When I launch this in Firefox, doesn't even go to www.w3.org.

I'm just using <!DOCTYPE html> at the start of the page and testing in IE8.
I checked W3 validation and it passes.  It's a pretty simple testing page.
I don't have IE9 but I'm told from a coworker who does that the same slow
response it there as well.  I switched to the following just to test, but
same results occurred:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC &quot;-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN&quot;
    &quot;http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd&quot;>
xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml">
<head>

Ideas on where to go from here?

Dave M