[OpenLayers-Users] TMS question: multiple images mapped to same size

artomlin areedtomlinson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 14:59:45 EDT 2012

I've used MapTiler/gdal2tiles.py to take two jpeg images of different sizes
and create the tile pyramid, georeferencing them to the same location. I
need to have the two overlayed exactly, so I can play with opacity and
compare the two. The "units per pixel" in the respective tilemapresource.xml
files seem right for the 0-level tiles that have been created. But when I
add both layers in to my Frankenstein'd openlayers.html, they appear to be
drawn using the same units-per-pixel, even when I use scales instead of
resolutions in the map definition.
I've dug through as many forum posts and docs as I could find, but no luck
so far.

You can see the two layers separately, and tell that they have the same
bounds:
http://areedtomlinson.com/sandbox/OpenLayers/utm/original/openlayers.html
http://areedtomlinson.com/sandbox/OpenLayers/utm/smaller/openlayers.html

See the mashup (which has a few other bugs, as well) and view the source
here:
http://areedtomlinson.com/sandbox/OpenLayers/openlayers_v5.html

Any ideas? It seems the TMS library should be reading the
tilemapresource.xml files to find the appropriate units-per-pixel ratios,
but it's drawing the layers with the same ratio...

Thanks for the time!
  -Reed