[OpenLayers-Users] Export Map!

Imran Rajjad rajjad at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 01:36:16 EDT 2012

Hi,

not sure if you can use openlayers to do it, but I did implement an export
map functionality once. If your application server can directly talk to
your GIS server, then you should send the BBOX and size of map to your
server and make a raw wms request to get an image. About the vector layers,
you will need to transform the vertices x,y from world to screen
 coordinates of each geometry. You can either have them converted through
openlayers or you can transofrm at server side , since you would have the
BBOX and size of screen. You can then draw those geometries over the image
that was fetched against the wms request. hope that helps :)

regards,
Imran

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 6:27 PM, Mr. Rahul Teni <rahul_g_teni at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Does any body know how we can export map which involves Vector layer , One
> customized layer (OpenURL Ref :
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/djatoka/index.php?title=Djatoka_OpenURL_Services
>  ) which works with Djatoka image server.
>
> I know it might not be so trivial , but can you please provide me some
> pointers. I need to export map to PDF for reporting purpose. Your quick
> help is highly appreciated.
>
> **Thanks & Regards,
> Rahul G. Teni

I.R