[OpenLayers-Users] meters or degrees ?

Michael Moradzadeh mdm at yachtpc.com
Thu Mar 22 17:04:33 EDT 2012

Nice.  Tease the new guy.

I believe you'll find that OpenLayers sees the world in terms of
degrees, and thus, if it's all the same to you, the use of degrees may
mean you have less confusion and fewer conversions.

On the other hand, if what you are mapping is tightly tied to being
measured in meters, as if you are mapping out your back yard, or
something, well, meters might make more sense, even with the thoughts above.

Michael