[OpenLayers-Users] Render whole OpenLayers map to canvas

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Sat Mar 24 16:47:40 EDT 2012

If the standard zoom for map tiles doesn't quite suit me, because the
zoom levels are too coarse, and I want to render a rectangle that's not
parallel to lat/lon axis, what's the best way to do that?
Do I need to make a screenshot of a rendered map and then scale and cut
that, or is there a better way?

If screenshot: What's the best way to do that? Can I let OpenLayers
render to an off-screen <canvas>? Should I use the canvas renderer for
that, or can I let the SVG renderer render to a canvas in the browser?
How do I know that all tiles are loaded, is there an event?

FWIW, there is no server, server-based solutions are out, I need to work
solely with what OpenLayers provides.

Ben