[OpenLayers-Users] How Distinguish when Markers are in same coordinates.

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 23:30:47 EDT 2012

I should have added (see below)...

On Mar 25, 2012, at 10:27 PM, Puneet Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 25, 2012, at 10:19 PM, Emmanuel Lopez <emmanuel.lopez at tierconnect.com> wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>> I  have 3 points that have same LonLat , the points have markers icons with diffent colors (red,blue, green) but only the one at the top is shown (e.g  markers are plot in the following order :red , blue, green only green shows up)
>>
>> How can I make openlayers to show the 3 points?
>

> Make their coords different by adding a random jitter to each based on the map view scale so the markers are drawn at least enough apart to resolve separately.

Make sure to add some kind of enclosing symbol, perhaps a circle outline around them, to make it clear that they are really the same location even though they have been drawn at different locations. This may be further reinforced with labels or popups.

Alternatively, if you have only three such points, design a different marker for them that denotes all three points in one glyph... perhaps a circle with three pie slices one of each color.