[OpenLayers-Users] save features for users.. would WFS-T be helpful ?

Lee M. w_ward_W at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 26 15:00:11 EDT 2012

hello again

i would like to be able to store a selected feature from a vector layer to
new postGIS table special for users, then check one of its attributes(road
name for example) frequently to get the user notification when it is
updated.

firstly i have read about WFS-T that it let me create new entries in the
datastore through the GeoServer, my question is 1- does it let me specify
the table that will contain the selected features ? i have created a new
table for users only.

2- from the user log-In file i can do the frequently checking road name and
display notifications to user if it is changed. right ?

3- do i get the whole idea right ? if yes, is there any examples of same
idea ?