[OpenLayers-Users] Pink tiles displayed with firefox 11 even if tiles are correctly fetched from server. Ok with chromium or older firefox.

Marc dkm+osgeo at kataplop.net
Thu Mar 29 03:50:06 EDT 2012

Hello,

I've been trying to find why my layer is correctly displayed in chromium
or firefox 3.5.16, but not with firefox 11 (pink tiles).

I getting tiles from http://a.tile.opencyclemap.org .

 From what I've read, pink tiles are usually displayed when the tiles
can't be fetched from the server... which is not the case here, as in
firebug, I can't see any error! I can even see the tiles being loaded
and can display the thumbnails... I tried to load the page from a fresh
(ie. empty) profile to avoid any side effect from left-overs... But
still no luck.

Is there any known issue with FF 11 ?

You can see the problem here (first, change the layer using the switch
on the right, as by default, it is still using t at h):

  http://airspace.kataplop.net/airspace/amap/

I can't reproduce the problem with dev examples, but none of them are
using OSM (or the few that are are referring to *.tile.openstreetmap.org).

I'm using OL 2.12-rc + some small addition in GPX.js. But to be 100%
sure, I also tried with the version hosted on openlayers.org and the
problem is still here.

Any help/hint/clue is welcome

Thanks!
Marc