[OpenLayers-Users] Drawing Vectors without click

Waberzeck, Thomas Thomas.Waberzeck at liag-hannover.de
Fri May 4 05:09:00 EDT 2012

Hi,
sorry for my "newbe" Questions:
I want to draw a Line (both for firing an custom event  and measure) and  a Rectangle with given ratio in the same manner as a regular polygon is drawn. Measurement should be finished after the first line segment.

I've looked at the descriptions for OpenLayers.Handler.RegularPolygon, OpenLayers.Handler.Drag, OpenLayers.Handler.Path and OpenLayers.Handler.Point without getting the point.

I assume, I have to write my own Eventhandler - I don't know how to do so.

Could anyone give me an example?

Thomas