[OpenLayers-Users] Combining CQL filter and OGC spatial filter? Possible?

Andrea Aime andrea.aime at geo-solutions.it
Mon May 7 02:19:48 EDT 2012

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 7:22 AM, Phil Scadden <p.scadden at gns.cri.nz> wrote:

> I want to both select by a polyon in WFS (ogc spatial) AND filter
> results by quite a complex ECQL filter (difficult to convert to OGC). Is
> this possible?

You have to choose one format, cannot have both, the spec is clear
about that when it comes to the three basic filter types one can express,
featureid, bbox and filter.

Often both ECQL and OGC Filter can represent the same filter,
ECQL can do ogc spatial filters and almost any ECQL filter can be
converted to OGC (one significant
shortcoming in OGC filter is that you cannot filter by feature id and
combine that with other filters)

Cheers
Andrea

--