[OpenLayers-Users] Hover event on Point - Change style on Polygon

Emmanuel Blondel emmanuel.blondel1 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 00:36:15 PDT 2012

Dear all,

The initial issue is that I have a polygon layer that I have contains
features that sometimes overlaps between them. I would like to make
available a sort of hover action, but due to the overlapping, I would
like to setup this over on labels, given a certain locations.

So instead of hovering the polygon feature, I built a Point layer from
the polygon layer (both contain same attributes) and the idea is:
  - to set a hover event on the point layer, that will be symbolized
with a label (taken from one attribute). I can easily apply a style
change for the label on hover action.
  - on the point hover action, to highlight also the corresponding
feature in the polygon layer. Is it doable? Does somebody have an idea
how to do that?

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Kind regards,
Emmanuel