[OpenLayers-Users] Building OpenLayers: wrong coordinates

Sebastian Klemm sebastian_klemm at freenet.de
Wed May 16 05:43:50 PDT 2012

Hi!

I tried to build my own shrunk OL library to use in an OpenStreetMap web
application but have some problems.

Building went fine so far and the map is shown but when I try to set its
center like this

var center = new OpenLayers.LonLat(10, 50).transform(new
OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326"), map.getProjectionObject());

if (!map.getCenter()) {
     map.setCenter(center, 15);
}

the center of the map is somewhere in Atlantic Ocean near 0°N/0°E
instead of Germany. It seems to me like a problem concerning projection
as the given lon/lat coordinates are taken as pixel coordinates.

If I use the bundled OL library (should be the same as building with
'full.cfg') it works well, so I guess I missed something in the build
config.

This is the config beeing used to build:

<content_of_config_file>
[first]
OpenLayers/SingleFile.js
OpenLayers.js