[OpenLayers-Users] Any TOS conforming way to google layers at the moment that avoids the popup with every map move?

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Sun May 20 22:17:59 PDT 2012

On Monday, May 21, 2012, Phil Scadden wrote:

> This is huge issue. Is there something I have missed to avoid this? I am
> not keen on CSS methods that violate TOS but on the other hand have web
> services that are more or less unusable.

Hi

OpenLayers 2.11 doesn't work with the current “frozen” version (3.7) of
Google Maps API.

And note that applications that request version 3.6, or lower, of Google
Maps API now receive 3.7. This is because the 3.6 has been retired. See [1]
for more details.

A patch from Peter Robins was applied to the 2.12 branch four days ago [2].
Some details of the patch are still being discussed [3].

I hope that, when Peter's patch is final, we can provide a solution for
2.11 as well. This solution may involve hot-patching some function
(repositionMapElements) in the OpenLayers.Layer.Google.v3 prototype object.

Please stay tuned.

[1] <
https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/basics#Versioning

[2] <