[OpenLayers-Users] WMC file parsing error in IE9

Ameet ameet_ch at rediffmail.com
Mon May 21 00:57:29 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I am not able to load WMC layers file in my map (in IE9 only). It seems my
extensions in WMC file are not parsed inside IE9.  they are defined like:
<Extension>
   <mg:layerTree xmlns:mg="http://metagis.se">
      <mg:treeGroup title="SMHI WMS service" checked="true" expanded="true"
disabled="false">
         <mg:treeItem title="arsmedelmolnighet_1_iso"
layerNames="SMHI:arsmedelmolnighet"
                          checked="true" expanded="false" disabled="false"/>
      </mg:treeGroup>
   </mg:layerTree>
</Extension>

The full WMC file is attached herewith. I also observed that the data object
passed to the read method is treated as HTML inside IE9. In Firefox and IE
8, 'data.documentElement' inside read method correctly points to
'ViewContext' Element, so 'data' is recognized as xml document. But in IE 9,
it points to 'HTML' Tag and all WMC file elements are inside 'innerText's.
So 'ViewContext' can be found in the innerText property of
data.documentElement.lastChild.lastChild. I think the problem is here.

Why is this only in IE9 ? any solution on this?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Ameet