[OpenLayers-Users] tilecache

Gery . gamejihou at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 3 09:50:24 PDT 2012

Hello guys,

Is someone working with tilecache, mapserver, postgis, google earth and openlayers? if so, would you mind to share the tricks? I think the problem is that my postgis tables (displayed as WMS in openlayers) are in epsg4326 and those are served by mapserver using an extent in decimal degrees. Besides, google earth works with epsg:900913 and this is in somehow (I think) not recognized by the tilecache.cfg configuration. This is the detail of the problem: http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/Using-TC-to-display-PG-tables-in-OL-served-with-MS-over-GE-td5012197.html

Wth this configuration I'm getting the PNG tiles but they are transparent ones, I don't understand why, I think this should work. I'm posting here because I can have more luck than in the tilecache forum.

Any idea is much appreciated,

Best regards,

Gery

Piensa en el medio ambiente - mantenlo en la pantalla. NO lo imprimas si NO es necesario.
Think green - keep it on the screen. Do NOT print if it is NOT necessary.
Denken Sie an die Umwelt - bewahren Sie es auf dem Bildschirm. Drucken Sie NICHT, wenn es NICHT notwendig ist.