[OpenLayers-Users] Latlon bounds question

Tobias Reinicke ramotswa at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 07:50:33 PST 2012

Hey all,

so firstly, this isn't an openlayers question - more a generic calculation
task - but I fear it might touch on great circle / radian stuff, so hope
it's ok to ask this here:

My problem;

I need to find the bbox of an image.
The information I have:
 - center point coord (51.03, 1.51 in lat long wgs84)
 - image size (10004 x 10004 px)
 - resolution (1.0003 m per pixel)

How can I calculate the bounding box for it? Currently my stumbling block
is that although I know how many meters each pixel represents on the image,
that value will vary depending on where the image actually is in the real
world.
I'm hoping I don't have to go through the whole UTM dance to figure it out,
but I think I might have to.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Toby