[OpenLayers-Users] stereographic projections

Steven Chall stevec at renci.org
Thu Nov 8 12:14:35 PST 2012

I'm just beginning to prototype the creation of a web site for displaying data on a map interface.  OpenLayers is already delivering a lot of functionality to me with just a few lines of (my) code.  One immediate concern: my collaborators really need their data to be presented on large-scale polar stereographic maps.  A quick google brings up http://www.geowebguru.com/articles/242-polar-maps-and-projections-part-1-overview and http://www.geowebguru.com/articles/243-polar-maps-and-projections-part-2-implementation and several other discussions, all 3-5 years old.  I'm trying to get a quick idea of the current state of the technology for doing this for full hemispheres.  Thanks for any info or ideas.

Steve

-Steve Chall
 Senior Research Software Developer
 Renaissance Computing Institute (RENCI)