[OpenLayers-Users] Unable to fetch the layers

Smaran Harihar smaran.harihar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 13:34:03 PST 2012

Ok it seems there was no problem with the Openlayers, there is something
wrong with the Geoserver. It seems the trouble is not with the
shapefile loading because the USA states in my layer loads fine, which is
the default layer.

But any other shapefile which I added display the following error,

Failed to load attribute list, internal error is: null

I tried to remove the shapefile and then again add them but the error
persists. The shapefile gets published the first time without any problem
but when I try to view it, the browser downloads the wms file. When I go
back to check the layer publishing (titled Edit Layer), I find the error I
shared above.

Not sure what is wrong?

Thanks,
Smaran

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Phil Scadden <p.scadden at gns.cri.nz> wrote:

> Look at a GET request in the NET tab of firebug for tile that goes pink.
> Copy location and try it as URL in your browser. It could be that
> geoserver is so overwhelmed that it is too slow. You could try
> OpenLayers.IMAGE_RELOAD_ATTEMPTS = 5;
> if that is case. I would repeat earlier advice that 8k of shapefiles
> isnt really a great way to manage data. POSTGIS, and indexed selection
> would probably work a whole lot better.
>

> Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential. If received in
> error please destroy and immediately notify us. Do not copy or disclose the
> contents.

Thanks & Regards
Smaran Harihar