[OpenLayers-Users] legend "floating" over map

Mark Prins mc.prins at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 08:51:38 PST 2012

Here is a control that will do most or all of what you want::
https://github.com/MinELenI/CBSviewer/blob/master/src/main/js/UpdateLegendControl.js

2012/11/28 Sergeant_york <electronicpanda at gmail.com>

> 1- let's say you have a div for map (mapdiv in this case)

> 2- you put another div inside of mapdiv

> 3- set legendDiv style
>
> #legendDiv{
> position: absolute;
> top: x;
> left: y;
> z-index: more than OpenLayers' viewPort
> }
>
> 4- set an image inside of legendDiv

> <yourPNG's url>

Disclaimer;
This message is just a reflection of what I thought at the time of sending.
The message may contain information that is not intended for you or that
you don't understand.