[OpenLayers-Users] drawing order

Pedro Costa pedrocostaarma at sapo.pt
Tue Sep 4 04:18:31 PDT 2012

Hi guys,

I have one map with base layers and two vector layers.
My first vector layer with points is drawn first. Then the other comes
only after a click from a user.
My intention is that the second vector layer is rendered in top.
To this, I'm already tried give a very high value on layer that I want
on top using with 'map.setLayerIndex (vector, 10)' but don't work.
If I execute this function in firebug I get this message 'undefined'....

Also tried to set the order in the two vectors giving the smallest value
to the first but not the result. When I try it the first vector is
invisible.

In firebug I execute map.getLayerIndex() and sometimes the first layer
have a index smallest than the second but despite this the first layer
is drawing on top.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks