[OpenLayers-Users] how to define an non-wms layer on opnelayers?

李杨 gisyangli at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 00:54:56 PDT 2012

*I leran that if in an html file , add a wms layer using openlayer is
like that.*

function init(){
   map = new OpenLayers.Map( 'map' );
   layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.MapServer( "OpenLayers WMS",
       "http://labs.metacarta.com/wms/vmap0", {layers: 'basic'} );
   map.addLayer(layer);
   map.zoomToMaxExtent();

I want to ask that if I want to add a non wms layer existing on my
server, how shoul I do.

I use a mapfile to tell the mapserver configure info.

for example,  I browse my map by the link
"http://222.129.51.186/cgi-bin/mapserv?&layers=all&map=/home/jack/osm-demo/basemaps/osm-google.map&template=openlayers"

where the 222.129.51.186 is my server IP.

Now I want write these info in an html file ,how to define the layer?

layer = new Openlayer.Layer.Mapserver("...?what to contain?",..)

--
Yang Li
GIS Developer